Led resistors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
On the rear tail lights the turn signals are

LH side turn signal - Yellow
RH Side turn signal - Drk Green

Black is ground

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Is the problem just that the sigs are hyper-flashing?
Don't mess with those resisitors. Those things are a fire-hazard.
Drop in an EP-29 flasher unit.

+1 on the EP29. But let's be realistic about the resistors. They're as much of a fire hazard as a bulb is with the same equivalent resistance. They do get hot, just like the bulb.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I not ignoring that. He wants to put resistors in. They go across the turn signals. That's where I am coming from.

I personally run resistors on the front with switchback LED, and ANZO rear LED assemblies with the resistors removed because I put in the EP29 flasher. I liked the speed of the EP29 instead of the relay hack clipping the lead.
Nah, not you; talking about OP.

My main point is to make sure the bulbs are the correct ones and to make sure they work (other than hyperflash) before worrying about how resistors are wired. The follow-up is that resistors aren't needed. But if he -wants- them, he wants them...so...there ya have it.

Richard

Gumburcules

Reaction score
I have the ep29 Flasher in. And it didn't do a damn thing without the resistors.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077D2N44N/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdo_t1_eH8CEb58KSY4K

And delta_p has the know-how and social skills, that's why I'm speaking with him about this.

I had hyper flashing, the relay took care of that, and what I'm having was dim and hardly noticeable blink due to the way the resistors stated to wire them. And sometimes I just like to get silly and over engineer ****, I have quarter-inch aluminum plate, sanded and with thermal grease.

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The EP29L flasher will not work on its own if you have all LEDs in every bulb location. I've tried, on my 97 Sierra, 99 Blazer, 03 Blazer... Same system, same results - the bulbs will flash once, then stay on from that point until you turn off the blinker. You have to wire in at least one resistor per side. The resistors are only a fire hazard if you put them somewhere stupid. I have mine mounted to the core support, nowhere for them to heat anything flammable - not that they stay on long enough to get warm anyway...

BloodMoneyOBS

Reaction score
1992 C1500 Silverado RCSB

Just to confirm; when doing an LED swap (1137A for the front 4 + 194As for the corners), and 3157s down the back, having already swapped in an EP29 flasher, I now need to wire in a load resistor between the following:

REAR
LH side turn signal - Yellow
RH Side turn signal - Drk Green

GND - Black

FRONT

Turn Signal - Blue
GND - Black

Am I missing anything?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
No load resistors needed for the rear. Put them on the front only, light blue for the left and dark blue for the right. Then pick up an EP29L flasher unit or modify your existing one to not flash fast. Also the front bulbs should be 1157, not 37.

BloodMoneyOBS

Reaction score
No load resistors needed for the rear. Put them on the front only, light blue for the left and dark blue for the right. Then pick up an EP29L flasher unit or modify your existing one to not flash fast. Also the front bulbs should be 1157, not 37.

They are 1157s, that was my bad.

So, for a full LED exterior, I should just need load resistors on the front,

LB - Left
DB - Right

Both to Ground.

No need for resistors in the back? All turn signals will function as normal?