LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deven bullis

Employed by the big blue hexagon
Reaction score
This is what I ended up with doing mine , the lower right is still a bit dim at night
You must be registered for see images attach
Mine are also dimmer compared to the rest of the cluster, I’m not too annoyed by it so I don’t plan on fixing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deven bullis

Reaction score
How hard was it to remove the dash to get to the bulbs?

Really easy, it’s just kinda tedious to not damage your dash bezel and other trim pieces. Once you get the bezel off you just have to loosen 4 bolts (I don’t remember the size bolts) and then you can remove the cluster and and on the backside is where can access the cluster lights.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
They are 7mm bolts. Make sure you have the brake on and pull the shifter down to 1 to clear the bezel when you remove it. The column needs to be tilted all the way down too.

mistaake

Reaction score
So... What if you put in brand new bulbs and the cluster still doesn't light up? Previous owner already tried to put in LEDs, I put in new LEDs, and now I put in regular bulbs. All have the same problem... Two bulbs work by the voltage gauge and one bulb by the tach work, but the rest of it is dim. Is the problem the whole cluster or the headlight switch or something else? Thanks.

deven bullis

Reaction score
So... What if you put in brand new bulbs and the cluster still doesn't light up? Previous owner already tried to put in LEDs, I put in new LEDs, and now I put in regular bulbs. All have the same problem... Two bulbs work by the voltage gauge and one bulb by the tach work, but the rest of it is dim. Is the problem the whole cluster or the headlight switch or something else? Thanks.

Try moving the bulbs just a little bit, I have to adjust all of mine slightly, it’s a trial and error process

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having trouble getting the orange off the backside of the needles. Fingernail polish remover just ain't doing it. Any suggestion?

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having trouble getting the orange off the backside of the needles. Fingernail polish remover just ain't doing it. Any suggestion?
I took some 180 paper and sanded the orange from the back of the needles. Was dreading the installbut was really surprised how easy it was. The fork idea does the trick to remove the needles. Got this done today in about 2 hours. Going to do all the small bulbs in the hvac, door panels, headlight switch, cargo and airbag switch probably next week. I couldnt be happier with the way they turned out.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I took some 180 paper and sanded the orange from the back of the needles. Was dreading the installbut was really surprised how easy it was. The fork idea does the trick to remove the needles. Got this done today in about 2 hours. Going to do all the small bulbs in the hvac, door panels, headlight switch, cargo and airbag switch probably next week. I couldnt be happier with the way they turned out.

Just a heads up, the airbag switch is sealed. I'm sure there is a way to get into it but you would risk messing up the guts and that is a system I wouldn't recommend fiddling around with. I tore into my truck pretty far to get all my stuff converted to LED. A bunch of the small switches and stuff required soldering. I left the air bag switch alone just because it's a safety thing that I don't want to wonder if it's going to actually work after playing with it, and secondly, I've been hit with air bags before and they've severely injured people when they went off outside the parameters in which they should go off, I just didn't see a couple light bulb swaps being worth the risk of the system not working when it should or working when it shouldn't.

Just my .02¢. Do what you please with the info.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk