LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did this to mine awhile back shortly after i bought it.

You must be registered for see images attach

my led's were from vleds tho and as you can see they give some hot spots

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So where are you guys getting the LEDS from? Has any one done this to the 88-94 trucks?

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So where are you guys getting the LEDS from?

the led's can be purchased from superbrightleds.com

here's the direct link to the WLED-x: clicky

i got my led's from vleds on ebay. i would suggest the superbrightleds over vleds tho

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So where are you guys getting the LEDS from? Has any one done this to the 88-94 trucks?

im eventually doing this to my 94. the gerenal idea would be the same. remove screws from the bezel, unplug anything hooked on it, undo the screws holding in the cluster, etc.. ive never dicked with my 94 though so ill take pics when i do it.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I just started doing this to my 95, and ran into a snag. You will need to order twist locks if you do this. The bulbs I pulled out were PC194 and PC161, those bulbs have a micro-welded lead attached to the twist lock and are designed in such a way that removing the bulb and replacing it is impossible. I had a spare lying around and I belive the 90 degree viewing angle is the best for this app.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just started doing this to my 95, and ran into a snag. You will need to order twist locks if you do this. The bulbs I pulled out were PC194 and PC161, those bulbs have a micro-welded lead attached to the twist lock and are designed in such a way that removing the bulb and replacing it is impossible. I had a spare lying around and I belive the 90 degree viewing angle is the best for this app.

Pics with the 90 degree and w/out?

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good thread, definately going to do this to my 88, I also would like to know how many LED's to order and if i will need twist locks or not, I have never had the bezel out of the truck so i dont have a clue. Also my truck is Red and has factory red interior, what do yall think about red LED's in my truck?