Leaf spring eye bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used grade 8s from the hardware store in that location for lifted, lowered, and stock height, Jeeps, blazers, burbs, and duallys. Never had an issue.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Never reuse u-bolts. They're designed to stretch when torqued: 1 time use only!!
Since when? Going through all my notes on the part number 15529595 which is OEM for my truck, they don't specify TTY. I'd love to see where you got your information.

Even on the blueprint of it does not show TTY.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Grade 8-s are fine for modified leaf packs, I had to chuck them up in a drill press and round off the hex heads slightly to make them fit in the spring perch hole in my 10+1 setup in my snow plow truck this summer.

If its a direct oem replacement, I agree its cheap insurance to have the right bolt for the intended purpose

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never reuse u-bolts. They're designed to stretch when torqued: 1 time use only!!
Unless left loose and secured with a locknut, every bolt is designed to stretch when torqued. The question is whether they were torqued to their yield strength. I seriously doubt the u-bolts were torqued to yield. Check carefully for wear, corrosion, and cracks and reuse.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are NOT torque to yield. I never said they were torque to yield. They are stretched during proper installation and put under tension. Thus not reusable

I know it sounds like it, but.. semantics. Still, they're NOT torque to yield.

Last edited: