Laying frame on a tall tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a pic of Eric's when he was doing his front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yep, what they said...lol I did a pie cut on frame, most people de hump or buy custom arms. But like he said, MOOG ball joints help a lot.. the k1500 upper joints are same as c1500 but have a notch in them that will keep them from binding.

Reaction score
You can lay on a stock size tire or 265/35/22 without tubbing the firewall, but you can't drive down really low, roughly a 29 in tall tire.
I know this is an old post but Hope's you're still here lol I'm just wondering can I lay frame in any tire combo and keep the stock fender wells

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm running 265/45/22 right now I'd have to double check
The inners are the least of your obstacles to laying frame on a Tahoe. Much more involved than a truck.

Reaction score
The inners are the least of your obstacles to laying frame on a Tahoe. Much more involved than a truck.
I know the rear takes a lot more but I'm ls swapping it and when the front end is apart I'm doing all I can to get it ready for future projects