Late doors on early truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyorlo

Reaction score
I’m after a set of doors for my 89, I’d really rather avoid new aftermarket doors because of fighting figment. I’m able to get a complete set of later 95-up doors from a local yard.

Do any of you folks have a picture of the later panels against and early dash? I know, I know the lines don’t flow. That’s ok, i honestly don’t mind and it will have a more stock looking place for my 6.5” mid basses to sit.

I googled and searched on here with no luck on pictures. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would still use your 89 interior door panels.
The 89 has pull handles that have a recess in the interior of the steel door. Later years do not have this. You can cut and weld the recess from your old door into the new door. I do not remember the other differences in the steel doors.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
From what I think I know, the interior panels are incompatible at least in one direction between the 2 different interiors.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should measure the door depth at ten positions. That's the inside surface to the outside surface at ten locations from window to bottom seal.
A neighbor was warned the 95 dash won't fit in a 91, but dumb axx, ripped it out anyway. And well " bless your heart, he's special". No workie.
The inner panels are lit different. Take photos with inner cards off, count the changes, see if it's possible before no way back. Good luck.

Tonyorlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Well if it’s not a ton of work having to cut and weld for the door pulls them I am ok with that. Honestly I don’t car tk have non matching panels. Mine aren’t in the best condition anyway. I guess I will snag the doors and either modify them for my panels or make
The later ones work. I’ll have to measure my dads later OBS to see if I can find a difference.

2nd Gen s10s are similar, they doors will bolt up, but the window crank is in a different location.