Late 1993 to 1994 HVAC harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a very early 1993 and has 3 fan speeds. I would like to upgrade it to the 4 speed style later 1993s and 1994 models have. I already have a 4 speed control head (which also works with the 3 speed setup) but need the HVAC harness from where it plugs into the main dash harness, to the control head, to the relay assembly and then to the fan. Besides the harness I also need the relay assembly and the 4 speed resistor. I have a partial harness that I'm showing where it plugs into the main dash harness and the control head. The first resistor pictured is the 4 speed style I need, the second resistor picture is of the 3 speed style I currently have and is just for reference. The 4 speed one obviously has more connectors on it lol! Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How quickly do you need it? I have a '94 parts truck that I'm pretty sure has everything you need, but it may be a few days before I could pull it all out.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So here's the harness assembly and the resistor:

And here's where it plugs into the dash harness. Do you need the other half of the pigtail too?

Then there's this connector that I don't know what it plugged into. I must have removed it when I pulled the ecm and engine harness. Do you need me to find the other half of this pigtail?

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, the truck does have the lighted sunvisors. As usual, the elastic is stretched out. Also, the material is coming loose in the areas where the little extension slides out. Both visors are the same way. If they are good enough, I'll pull them and the wiring to them as well.

Obviously, they are red lol. I never thought to ask what color you were looking for.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
So here's the harness assembly and the resistor:

And here's where it plugs into the dash harness. Do you need the other half of the pigtail too?

Then there's this connector that I don't know what it plugged into. I must have removed it when I pulled the ecm and engine harness. Do you need me to find the other half of this pigtail?
The gray connector is the ground and lighting harness - gray wire is illumination, brown wire is parklights on sig, black is ground. The black connector with the big wires is the system power connector, red is the blower motor feed line, black is ground (again), and the green wire is the A/C request sig wire.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, the truck does have the lighted sunvisors. As usual, the elastic is stretched out. Also, the material is coming loose in the areas where the little extension slides out. Both visors are the same way. If they are good enough, I'll pull them and the wiring to them as well.

Obviously, they are red lol. I never thought to ask what color you were looking for.

I'll PM you. Thanks!

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gray connector is the ground and lighting harness - gray wire is illumination, brown wire is parklights on sig, black is ground. The black connector with the big wires is the system power connector, red is the blower motor feed line, black is ground (again), and the green wire is the A/C request sig wire.

Thanks Brandon. This harness is out of a suburban so I'm not sure if having rear heat/air conditioning would make a difference compared to my regular cab truck harness. I was going to look at the wiring diagrams tomorrow and see.

AK 99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Brandon. This harness is out of a suburban so I'm not sure if having rear heat/air conditioning would make a difference compared to my regular cab truck harness. I was going to look at the wiring diagrams tomorrow and see.

This particular Suburban was not optioned with rear heat or AC.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There's no difference in the front HVAC between the trucks and subs, regardless of rear systems.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to update this, parts have been found, now for warmer weather to come to northern Indiana so I'll have motivation to do this project lol!