Lack of power from a start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been noticing here lately after i drive for 30-40 minutes and come to a stop and start out again my truck acts like im trying to start out in 4th gear. I dont normally use 1st gear when starting out from a stop unless im on a steep incline. I usually start in 2nd gear. Since 1st is pretty much pointless from the gearing. The engine runs smooth even when it is lacking power so to say. After i get moving it will accelerate as it normally has its just when i start rolling when it starts to act up. Ive done plugs, wires, cap and rotor about 2500-3000 miles ago. I dont know if it might be a fuel pressure problem as I don't have a pressure gauge to check it. I am going to do a fuel filter this weekend and see if I can rent a pressure gauge. I have no idea if the fuel pump has ever been replaced. I do not have a check engine light at any time. Right now im at a loss at what it could possibly be and just bouncing some ideas around. I don't know if a plugged cat could cause this. Im wondering if after driving it that long everything gets warmed up it starts to restrict flow. The truck is 95 2500 5.7 with 236k.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got fuel filter put in and what came out of the inlet side reminded me of the color of new engine oil. I didn't see any difference in the way it ran and didn't get to drive it very long to see if it helped or not.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could unplug the MAF sensor, if it runs better with it unplugged it likely needs a new one.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about map sensor? If it's reading wrong it could be rich or lean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk