L76/T56 swap into 96 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluC10

Reaction score
So I've got all the parts gathered and ready for my swap, 2009 G9 GT 6.0 L76 with complete rebuild and AFM delete with stage 3 LS3 BTR camshaft and a brand new top end to go with it. Brand new Tremec T56 is bolted up to the motor, about to drop the motor in and now that I'm $10k deep into this swap I just realized something and am wondering if anyone knows the answer

I'm using the G8 front accessories for the swap, the alternator is on the lower left side of the motor in G8 configuration, does anyone know if I will have problems with the alternator hitting the steering box? Should have thought about this sooner. I guess I will find out next weekend when I go to drop it in ‍♂️

I have searched everywhere and cant really find a forum or anything that has had a GMT400 get a G8 6.0 swap, so sorry if this is a repeat question.

Also with any interest when this is all done I might do a thread on everything I used/did to get the swap done if there is any interest

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Shouldn't hit since it should sit far behind the box, just like the factory OBS power steering pump sits. Worst case, you can go pick up the truck accessories out of the junk yard and modify the alt/ps bracket to fit the idler pulley and L76 intake. Doing a dry fit will tell you for sure.

Yes, definitely do a build thread, I'd love to see how it goes together.