L31 injection system upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Im going to try it out. Did you get the larger spider from aus injection?
Yes in a round about way. I bought it off someone who had bought one for a whipple supercharger build and had yet to use it because he ended up finding a marine intake instead. I picked it up local for half what a new one is going for. As I said above took me a couple months to find one.

russ841

Reaction score
I am curious how many guys have tried the AUS injectors. Many years ago, a company (Wynjammer I think) based out of Arizona was marketing 36 48 and 64 lb. injectors. Is this now AUS? I would like to know if anyone has actually tested flow rate???

More than 10 years ago, I built a 383 for my 99 Tahoe. I talked to the older gentlemen who owned "Wynjammer". I was concerned that I would run out of fuel. I went with the delfi stock injector. Kieth@pcm tuned mine on the dyno. 387 at the wheel and was running out of fuel. I have been so happy with that build, I am going to to do it again with a 96 burban 2 whd. I would like to get 450-500 at the wheel. Has anybody hit that with the spider injection? NA??
I am not a tuner so please don't ask me any of those kind of questions.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am curious how many guys have tried the AUS injectors. Many years ago, a company (Wynjammer I think) based out of Arizona was marketing 36 48 and 64 lb. injectors. Is this now AUS? I would like to know if anyone has actually tested flow rate???

More than 10 years ago, I built a 383 for my 99 Tahoe. I talked to the older gentlemen who owned "Wynjammer". I was concerned that I would run out of fuel. I went with the delfi stock injector. Kieth@pcm tuned mine on the dyno. 387 at the wheel and was running out of fuel. I have been so happy with that build, I am going to to do it again with a 96 burban 2 whd. I would like to get 450-500 at the wheel. Has anybody hit that with the spider injection? NA??
I am not a tuner so please don't ask me any of those kind of questions.

Wynjammer was getting the injector setup from AUS. A couple of other companies like FiveOMotorsports and another whose name escapes me at the moment get them there as well. The AUS are actually rebuilt GM spiders that have the openings re-drilled. AUS does the work in Australia from memory. The 48# had no problem making 412 hp at the tire on E85 for me and I still had plenty of duty cycle left to make 50-75 hp more on E85. Allegedly the 48# are good for 650 hp on gasoline and if that is not enough, they make 62# as well.

450-500 rwhp is going to be a tall order for a naturally aspirated 383 keeping enough off-idle torque to move a suburban. Probably want to look into what I should have done on the van as well. Dart SHP 4.125" bore block with a 3.875" stroke for 415 CID. Dart sells one with a 1-piece rear seal, factory roller cam provisions, 350 mains, splayed steel caps, and a 4.125" bore and it is not much more than reconditioning a factory 880 block. Then again, my 383 is currently held back by the Vortec air inlet hat that I have to run to connect an air cleaner to my throttle body.

Last edited: