L30 PCM on a L31 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found a 96' L31 PCM in the yard yesterday for $38. I'm sending it out to Brendan at LT1Swap to have it flashed for a NV3500 transmission and the trucks profile. I'll speak to him on any other needs but I'm only wanting him to flash the basics. The truck is running a L31 engine, not a L30 5.0L anymore. They're will not be a catalytic converters on the truck, it'll run a v-banded test pipe.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've found a 96' L31 PCM in the yard yesterday for $38. I'm sending it out to Brendan at LT1Swap to have it flashed for a NV3500 transmission and the trucks profile. I'll speak to him on any other needs but I'm only wanting him to flash the basics. The truck is running a L31 engine, not a L30 5.0L anymore. They're will not be a catalytic converters on the truck, it'll run a v-banded test pipe.

Save the $38 and have your 5.0 PCM flashed. . .

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I ended up doing. It should be back this upcoming week and see how it runs soon. I asked Brendan to also delete the EGR and post cat O2 sensor while he was in there. I also bought another pyrometer sensor for the whipple computer, the old one was dead when I check the gauges after testing all the sensors I wired in.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures aren't the best due to the glass protective lens being cracked on my phone. PCM gets here today, need to weld the new pyrometer bung on exhaust and top off the tank with 93.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck is up and running. 100 mile break in complete and only used a quarter tank. Next step is wheel balance, alignment and oil change.