L29 0411 Swap - Struggling with crank relearn and P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The relearn works… the truck ran fine before I did plugs and wires…. Could I have just got a ****** set of wires? Plugs bad?

Should I start throwing parts at it…?

It feels like the distributor is off, but I haven’t moved it…

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your going to inspect the #4 injector, look at the dizzy gear while you are there. I had a new UMP dizzy and the gear was worn badly at 700 miles. replaced it the gear with a GM melonized gear and had to increase the shim between the dizzy base and manifold to get the correct engagement depth

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your going to inspect the #4 injector, look at the dizzy gear while you are there. I had a new UMP dizzy and the gear was worn badly at 700 miles. replaced it the gear with a GM melonized gear and had to increase the shim between the dizzy base and manifold to get the correct engagement depth
i still have my oem dizzy in a box.... swapping back isn't out of the question. it was in fine condition.

Did you plug them back in in the wrong order? Are they all fully seated?
i've been asking myself this question all day... i did one at a time so order should be OK, but possible some loose.

I'm going to have to fiddle with the plug wires and cap tomorrow, dunno what else to look at, but has to be the problem somehow.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's possible you've got a wire crossed (even as convinced as you may be that it's fine). Or a bad wire that's not ohm-ing to spec. You said the plug is fine, have you moved it to see if the issue moves? Have you tried logging with the scanner?

You can take a log of it starting and running (+driving/whatever) and I'd be willing to look at it. PM me your email and I will.

What's your cam offset now that you've done the relearn?

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's possible you've got a wire crossed (even as convinced as you may be that it's fine). Or a bad wire that's not ohm-ing to spec. You said the plug is fine, have you moved it to see if the issue moves? Have you tried logging with the scanner?

You can take a log of it starting and running (+driving/whatever) and I'd be willing to look at it. PM me your email and I will.

What's your cam offset now that you've done the relearn?
just pulled all the plug wires and re-installed, double checking order. also swapped plug 2 and 4 to see if misfire moved. so far, nothing.

cam offset is -13.7 after the re-learn.

seems like I should swap my old distributor back in next, let me know your thoughts.

shot you a PM as well - thank you-

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
just pulled all the plug wires and re-installed, double checking order. also swapped plug 2 and 4 to see if misfire moved. so far, nothing.

cam offset is -13.7 after the re-learn.

seems like I should swap my old distributor back in next, let me know your thoughts.

shot you a PM as well - thank you-

13.7 isn't enough to cause a misfire, but it isn't right. Are you maxxed out on distributor rotation? Skipping a tooth will make it jump like 80 degrees or something ridiculous so don't try that.