l/f brake stuck ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floydster

Reaction score
hi all, new guy here. i just traded a junky 91 camaro for this 93 chevy 1500 shortbed. the driver's side front wheel is locking up and it woun't move very well. the p.o. said he thought it was the caliper. so i bought a reman cailper and replaced it, bleed the brakes, no differance. so i replaced the master cylinder ,blead it, no differance. so what could it be ,the porportioning valve ?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Did you change the brake hose? I've read that when they go bad, they often will collapse internally and act like a check valve, only allowing fluid to pass under pressure from the master cylinder. You can test for this, by opening the bleeder at the caliper when it's stuck... if that releases the caliper then you know the fluid is being trapped.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Replace the hoses on both sides. Inexpensive and if one is bad the other isn't far behind. They are the #1 suspect for the problem you're reporting.

Richard