KRYPTONITE,SUPER STEER,PRO FORGED, COGNITO, RANCHO, MEVOTECH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the advantage of using the Super steer idler support over standard OEM bracket for a mainly street driven truck?
i run 38.5"s and on street it made a big difference,doesn't feel like passenger side is steering itself anymore,also it doesnt follow rut's,and those uneven lines on the road,it replaced a bracket that only had 500 or so miles on it.

Last edited:

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First stage of the front end parts have arrived.
Kryptonite pitman
Pro forged idler
Cognito PISK
Super steer idler support
Rancho stabilizer
MEVOTECH lower ball joints

There are two ways to do things….right and again

Any input that members have would be appreciated.
i have this list installed except for the rancho stablizer,and proforged idler(moog problem solver),i also did tie rod sleeves,these parts are great completely changed the truck love the way it handles now,

i also recommend doing the steering shaft rag joint upgrade with a flaming river u-joint FR1746DD or Cunningham machine's version

one more mod ive come across is this underdash steering shaft upgrade (in cab),some trucks came with this u-joint type,instead of the mm+ ? loose feeling blob joint

also came across this lower bearing (third pic) this one is for the 96-98 ill update with a review (underdash),they also have 88-95 or (bearing in bay style) https://www.wolffeng.com/store/p14/GM109SS_Lower_Steering_Column_Bearing.html

Attachments

• 11641-21bce7ec6aab158f8c1981240329bf5f.jpg
    11641-21bce7ec6aab158f8c1981240329bf5f.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 33
  • s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 01-26-55 GM109SS Lower Steering Column Bearing.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 01-26-55 GM109SS Lower Steering Column Bearing.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got the shaft from the 96-98 gmc,ive seen them in chevy's too though,seen a few while i was hunting down hydroboost pedals.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Pro Forged lowers (Bolt-In)
Mevotech uppers
Super Steer Idler support with Moog idler arm
Moog Pitman Arm
Moog TRE’s

I want to get the Mevotech TRE’s, The HD sleeves from Jeremy Rogers, and the Kryptonite Idler/Pitman arm support setup.

I think that’s about as good as you’re gonna get for IFS parts replacements

Still need to track down what hubs I’m going to go with and put it all together

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Pro Forged lowers (Bolt-In)
Mevotech uppers
Super Steer Idler support with Moog idler arm
Moog Pitman Arm
Moog TRE’s

I want to get the Mevotech TRE’s, The HD sleeves from Jeremy Rogers, and the Kryptonite Idler/Pitman arm support setup.

I think that’s about as good as you’re gonna get for IFS parts replacements

Still need to track down what hubs I’m going to go with and put it all together
Kryptonite doesn’t make an Idler Arm for 400’s. Only Pitman. Check out the Pro Forged Idler/Pitman arms. Also, you missed another key component-Cognito braces.
Edit: Maybe you we’re talking about the Cognito’s when you said this “Kryptonite Idler/Pitman arm support setup”.

Last edited:

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kryptonite doesn’t make an Idler Arm for 400’s. Only Pitman. Check out the Pro Forged Idler/Pitman arms. Also, you missed another key component-Cognito braces.
Edit: Maybe you we’re talking about the Cognito’s when you said this “Kryptonite Idler/Pitman arm support setup”.

Yep that’s what I meant the cognito supports.
I think they are sold under the super steer name too but same parts

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the part number for the super street support, not finding anything on there website