Kodiak/Topkick Exterior Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Dorman handles are the common aftermarket handles people use.
It's scavenging the rods that makes it hard to put a set together.
That's why shops like customobshandles.com can charge what they do.
For some folks, the hassle of finding a good set, and their time waiting and searching, makes the price acceptable.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aftermarket reproductions, but yeah. If they fit and work properly, not a bad bit of info to know these exist!

Richard
I agree. Almost impossible to find the real things without spending a ton. I ended up selling these and the original rods I modified to work. (For what its worth i have written a thread on how to reuse your current rods and just buy these handles ) A’s I found a kodiak being dismantled nearby. Bought original handles , all the rods / connectors and the door latch for 100$.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some folks, the hassle of finding a good set, and their time waiting and searching, makes the price acceptable.
I re used my door open rods by cutting a 1/2 “ off in the middle and rotating the rod 180°. Since i have keyfob i didnt worry about those… but now i do have them when i fohnd a full set from a truck being dismantled

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is customobshandles simply using Dorman handles and adding value with their customizations / rods, or ... does anyone know?

I admit didn't scour their site for information about where they sourced their parts.

I do like the 4-handle set they offer for the Suburbans :waytogo: although they're showing "no stock".

I bought a set of rods from Josh and I was amazed at the quality. Just need to get new latches before I can install them again.

Who is "Josh"?

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is customobshandles simply using Dorman handles and adding value with their customizations / rods, or ... does anyone know?

I admit didn't scour their site for information about where they sourced their parts.

I do like the 4-handle set they offer for the Suburbans :waytogo: although they're showing "no stock".

Who is "Josh"?
Joshua Robinson is the guy who's manufacturing these. He's on the OBS Obsession Facebook page, I think he's one of the OG's of the forum but I'm not sure what his username was.