keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome information thank you so much! so a constant 12v to 85 pin on each relay, ground to 86 on each, the two wires from the remote start box for keyless entry one goes to 30 on each relay, and then 87 goes to the lock relay and do they get spliced together and then tapped into the relay or what is the easiest way? or does only one 30 pin from the relay need to be tapped into the lock relay?

1 wire from each relay will go to the corresponding wire in the lock relay. So one relay will be for lock, the other is for the unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98-k1500-z71

Reaction score
1 wire from each relay will go to the corresponding wire in the lock relay. So one relay will be for lock, the other is for the unlock.

ok got it yeah i just looked at the wiring diagram for the remote start box one wire is for unlock output and the other is for lock output so i would just match those with the lock relay. i really appreciate it i never thought id be able to get this done there is NOTHING anywhere on google about this

98-k1500-z71

Reaction score
alright so i wired everything up today and it's not working. i tapped the connector that plugs into the lock/unlock button itself on inside the driver door im thinking that this is where i went wrong. i couldnt find anywhere else to hook into for the 87 pin on each relay

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright so i wired everything up today and it's not working. i tapped the connector that plugs into the lock/unlock button itself on inside the driver door im thinking that this is where i went wrong. i couldnt find anywhere else to hook into for the 87 pin on each relay

There’s the lock relay itself located above the gas pedal. I don’t remember off the top of my head which wire was which but I do know it’s a blue and a white wire. I can go out to my truck and try to take a picture of the actual location.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98-k1500-z71

Reaction score
yeah inside the door panel it was blue to lock and white to unlock so maybe if i just tap into there instead of where i have it it'll work

98-k1500-z71

Reaction score
That should work as well

that's what i thought but ive got nothing so idk if i should re tap elsewhere but if it should work where i have it now then it has to be something other than the door lock connections

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do your door locks work when using the switch?