keep stock drum or swap to disk on rear 99 K2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue with the wheel cylinders is that there's very little room to access the bleeder screw, or to thread the brake tube into the cylinder. The leaf spring is in the way.

Everything on the visible side of the backing plate is no different than on any other Duo-Servo brake system.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The issue with the wheel cylinders is that there's very little room to access the bleeder screw, or to thread the brake tube into the cylinder. The leaf spring is in the way.

Everything on the visible side of the backing plate is no different than on any other Duo-Servo brake system.

Ok so it sounds like you're talking about placement rather than the design of the cylinders themselves. I have also had issues with trying to get at the bleeder screw. I think last time I had the box off, so I could get to it from above. I had to replace the brake line running to the back, while doing a fuel pump.