K2500HD CCSB LML

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a braking issue if anyone can help: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/abs-low-speed-lock-up.42534/

Just bought a second CCSB. This one is badged by Dixie Custom Trucks. And I’m confused on the data for it. Title reads 2000 year model. However the clear blue title shows 2011 as the earliest year of purchase. And it was a 1-owner.

Anyway it’s loaded, leather, electronic transfer case, power everything. Leather is not awful. It’s definitely worn but definitely doesn’t show 18 years of use. Owner was elderly man. Truck absolutely reflects that. All four brand new tires. 80 something thousand miles. Came with a camper shell. First thing removed. Rear door glass was missing anyway.

Right bed side is damaged from a tire blowout. Going to replace.

Going to remake where my first CCSB left off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Dmax swap then? I'm subbed for this one!
Yes sir. I’m shooting around the idea of trying to transplant the body straight onto a CCSB 2015 or so chassis. Complete with power train, brakes, axles and then implementing the installed trailer brake controller and the smart braking feature; & parking sensors

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the tape measure say?
I am not sure I have not had access to one to log measurements.

Just thought about it. I’ll look online for the specs and compare if that will help me.

—————

Okay after searching the measurements are honestly minuscule. The wheelbase is .8” shorter. Unsure how drastic that is on cab to bed gap. But I can not find the frame widths of the 2015 chassis. ANYWHERE. If anyone has one and could provide the measurements I’d appreciate it.

Messy writing but can be read.

Last edited:

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway while that whole project is in the back burner anyway I’ll get small mods done as they get delivered. The truck is going to be painted black, but after it’s stretched with the Extended Cab section. That’s right; Extended Crew Cab.

Can anyone guess where these flush mount LEDs are going in the AM?

Next will be a 4” body lift so it can fit the C3500HD bumper/grille spacer.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Triple post oh no ‍♂️

While that whole project is in the back burner anyway I’ll get small mods done as they get delivered. The truck is going to be painted black, but after it’s stretched with the Extended Cab section. That’s right; Extended Crew Cab.

Can anyone guess where these flush mount LEDs are going in the AM?

Stealthy cab lights?
Following for the Dmax swap; I've been around a couple and liked the power, but they were both just ****** huge trucks compared to my 400s.
I don't know if I could bring myself to ****** such a clean truck like that (other than simple basic mods) but the extended crew cab is going to be interesting as hell!

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I need to find a decent xcab body to send with this one. I have one but it runs too nice to cut it up. Gotta find a no running junk with a rust-free rear cab section in someone’s yard I can get for cheap.

It’s going to stay 2 row seating. Not adding a third or anything. Just going to replace rear seat with a reclining power bench and move it back some for more leg room.

Last edited:

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SUB'D and there is a guy here doing a dmax swap. He is down to frame. The cummins swap is a bit easier as the motor will fit between our frame rails easy nuff. But modern gear into a classic. That's the thing right now. Most people do it on the pre 80's tho. But I want to do the 6l80e swap on mine so who am I to judge

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUB'D and there is a guy here doing a dmax swap. He is down to frame. The cummins swap is a bit easier as the motor will fit between our frame rails easy nuff. But modern gear into a classic. That's the thing right now. Most people do it on the pre 80's tho. But I want to do the 6l80e swap on mine so who am I to judge
I’ve done a duraswap it was simpler than people make it out to be but then again I had everything I needed, Plus went alongside the conversion book from the diesel page, I’m already a mechanic, and my truck already had a 3” body lift.