K2500 Suburban rear leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having some troubles with my rear leaf springs and the various lift kits that have been installed on my k2500 Suburban.

I bought the truck with a 6" pro comp lift on the front and no blocks in the rear. I later determined that there were three add a leaves in the rear and the truck rode really rough but no body roll which was nice in a lifted truck.

My solution was a shackle flip from off road design and removing the three add a leaves. The shackle flip was only supposed to net me about 4" of lift from stock, but after removing the add a leaves and setting it back on the ground I gained almost 4" from how it was with the add a leaves. The truck rides much better but I didn't want to make it that much higher in the rear. I am now suspect that it was a lifted leaf pack that had add a leaves inserted as well?

I'm hoping someone with a stock 8 lug k2500 Suburban with the 8600gvw rating could chime in on stock height. What I'm looking for is the fender to the hub center distance, which doesn't require jacking the truck up at all. If you are willing to take some more time and Jack your truck up and measure the same dimension with the frame supported and the axle hanging that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just trying to figure out what I have and what I should do with it.

Thanks

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey there CaptinDave

I guess I should have just deleted the post or gone through the effort of recording my woes

Turns out the previous owner had not only added 3 add a leafs to the already HD leaf pack in the 8600lb burb, but also had the springs re-arched?

The leaf packs I took out were a good 2" taller than a stock leaf pack. I know because I went through the effort of buying a leaf pack at a junkyard and wire wheeling and painting them with graphite before installing them.

Now it sits like it should and rides pretty good to boot.

I recorded must of my steps along the way, just didn't take the time to document them here. Not having internet out here in the sticks has that effect.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk