K2500 sputtered for about 5 seconds and cleared up, acts like it's low on gas when I turn corners and sputters and feels like it's loses power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy2000

Reaction score
That's what I'm starting to think also is that little hose in the fuel tank, dad was even saying it could be that also. Appreciate it Richard on the input

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I'm starting to think also is that little hose in the fuel tank, dad was even saying it could be that also. Appreciate it Richard on the input
I think you missed what I was saying - the design on your pump does not have the rubber hose that is known for failing. It's got a plastic hose that seems less susceptible to the fuel eating it.

Richard

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 2000 Chevy K2500 with the 5.7L Vortec, motor didn't get wet at all, and I personally don't have a scan tool, and haven't tested the fuel pressure, (how do you test fuel pressure too?) Never done that before. And Gotoguy, I'm thinking it's fuel related basically does it when it turns corners and takes off from a red light or a stop sign, almost like it's low on fuel where it chugs and clears up. But it doesn't do it violently
With a fuel pressure tester, and this:

Chevyguy2000

Reaction score

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That'll work for the 5.7L Vortec? When I opened the link it said tbi
EFFF... No it won't. Doesn't the Vortec have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail? You would only need a fuel injection pressure tester for that. Harbor Freight sells them pretty cheap.

Oh, and there's youtube vids-a-plenty how to use one if you're not sure.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ yep Schrader valve under the hood. Super easy to test fuel pressure compared to TBI. Key-on/engine-off the fuel pressure should not drop after you hear the fuel pump shut off.