K2500 crew cab...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get the feeling he doesn’t want to sell it to bad I haven’t heard from him.

It’s about 2 hours from me so if I go test drive it Iv gotta be pretty confident in it.

Iv never done much with air bags Iv heard they are good for towing. Is there any issues with them you guys of had?

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Airbags are great. I wish they added more rate though. They're better for levelling out ride height. With a slide in camper you have to be careful to not air the truck up off of the overloads. My trucks don't sit far off the overloads when empty so not really an issue for me.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He finally got back to me. He said the only issue with it is the rear main seal but it’s scheduled to get fixed next week. He hasn’t had it very long but got laid off from work

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Years and years ago I had a 454 crew dually 4x4s. Best mpg was 9. Loaded or not towing or not. It was a 89 square body old TBI model. Power was ok.

years later about 2009/2010 I bought a really clean 1997 crew dually RWD. 5500 bucks. I sold it as it was a temporary purchase but it had the FI 454. It never gave me issues and the interior was large fir a family. They are going up in price especially for clean well maintained examples. $6500 fir a 20 yo truck with only 160,000. That’s 8k a year so it’s most likely a pleasure vehicle.
If there is no rust hasn’t been wrecked the interior is good and everything works you may try to offer 6k we the guy bites. If he got laid off he’s willing to deal.

Last edited:

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a different beast, but I do use mine for a family rig. I used to carry 4,000 plus pounds in the bed under the shell. And we would take my work rig a 1000 miles to family and I would help with construction while my wife and her cousin would go out shopping with the kids. Now it's just a family truck and occasional dump run or depot run.

I rebuilt the whole front suspension and steering almost immediately. New brakes new damn near everything. Under 2 grand into and 2000 swear words and I had a good running truck. Couple years later f it new motor and trans. At this point I have a whole new truck old body that I would take anywhere while costing less than a new Nissan frontier with a 4 cyl and manual by half! It'll need work but buying a new rig is a lot of working hours