K1500 with slide on camper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
Il start off saying i know that k1500 are not really ment for slide in campers. But has anyone ever done it? Ive really been wanting to get a camperette but im unsure about it. My truck is has a 14 bolt sf so im not to worried about the axel.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The pop up slide ins are no sweat for a K1500, especially one with upgraded leaf pack and axle. I was gonna run one on mine, but my trailer is as much as I care to put behind this thing even with the modifications which is why I picked up a dually. Now I can fit a long be camper back there.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Whats the typical weight of a pop up style? Those things can get pricey real fast.

I know the slide in pop-up camper I've been looking at (a Palomino Bronco 1250) weighs right at 1500 or so pounds dry, and most in the same style range from 1,100 to 2,100 pounds; what style are you looking at?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Somthing for a 6.5ft box with a bed above the cab, i guess im probably going to be in thay wieght range.

You'll be mint then, most slide in pop ups are super light compared to the solid side campers.
What brands have you been looking at? 4-Wheel Campers makes some damn good, light-weight units, but they are damn expensive good units.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a local guy who has a V6 F150 RCSB 97ish and the shell looks a little tall. The top flips forward and turns into a tent above the shell. There is very little sag to it and the truck moves decently. It has a little kitchenette and a queen bed above the cab while open. He is older and flips it up and over by himself. So it can't be that heavy. You can check those out. Another. One local is on a chevy 2500 ECLB lifted and is a pop up. It sagged his truck pretty good compared to when it's not on. I have never seen inside it tho. But it must be heavy.