JWall's 98 Reg Cab SWB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my LED High & Low headlights installed. Seem bright in the shop and in the driveway. Haven't driven it at night yet... you know it lives a sheltered life & all...
You must be registered for see images attach
Let us know how the light pattern on the road is. I've always been afraid to swap mine because I didn't know how well it would work in a halogen housing.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Somebody did a nice job on the seat recover.
A local shop did the seat and door panel inserts for me. I am pleased with the way they turned out too!

Let us know how the light pattern on the road is. I've always been afraid to swap mine because I didn't know how well it would work in a halogen housing.
Will do.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I am not a big fan of all the gray 95-98 dashes but that red is amazing. Truly, one of the best trucks around and it is very cool that you share all the upgrades! :cheers:

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
I got some small interior details ideas that I’d dreamed up knocked out this weekend.
1) seat riser panels with a bead rolled insert with the angles to mimic the door panel insert angles.
2) since the current wheels (and the wheels I’m having built) are not Billet Specialties I wanted to make a custom horn button logo to cover their logo. Went with OBS in GM’s style text.
3) wanted some black factory mats. Since they never made them in black I found some new old stock mats with some slight discoloration from long term storage and dyed them.

It’s all in the small details!
I’m happy the way all 3 turned out.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some small interior details ideas that I’d dreamed up knocked out this weekend.
1) seat riser panels with a bead rolled insert with the angles to mimic the door panel insert angles.
2) since the current wheels (and the wheels I’m having built) are not Billet Specialties I wanted to make a custom horn button logo to cover their logo. Went with OBS in GM’s style text.
3) wanted some black factory mats. Since they never made them in black I found some new old stock mats with some slight discoloration from long term storage and dyed them.

It’s all in the small details!
I’m happy the way all 3 turned out.

How did you dye the floor mats black

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Man your truck is awesome!!! Quick question though: how did you install the steering wheel? No Airbag dash light on?

it’s an adapter from Billet Specialties for a non-air bag 96-98 column.
You can remove the factory wheel and the clock spring and install it.
As far as the air bag light, I just removed the bulb from the cluster. I’ve heard about some sort of adapter you can plug in but heard mixed reviews on it.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
I installed the rear disc brake conversion from Little Shop Mfg this weekend. Nice kit with easy install.
I have not gotten to try it out yet because I am currently "wheel-less" for this truck.