Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So here's the summer side project. This rolling chassis, with the rusty MGB on top. I think maybe now that the Sidekick isn't taking up space in the barn anymore i'll get the MGB back in and start stripping it down to the tub
You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
So here's the summer side project. This rolling chassis, with the rusty MGB on top. I think maybe now that the Sidekick isn't taking up space in the barn anymore i'll get the MGB back in and start stripping it down to the tub
Thats gonna be hilarious lookin lol

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Made all sorts of progress on the MGB last night. First rearranged all of the vehicles in the shop, then completely disassembled the front and rear steering/suspension and removed the dash. Funny thing is, the dash was the hardest thing to do! Might not have helped that I was quite intoxicated at that point. Next step is to pull a couple more things off of the body that won't be needed, and to slice it in half. Went this morning and picked up a small block 350 and a th350 that was pulled from a 73 G20. It was too cheap to pass up, i'll probably just sell the trans to recoup the cost, and have a free engine. Aside from that, I also got a very heavy duty homemade engine stand thrown in. Score!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Had some fun with the torch. Read up that this was the best way to remove excess amounts of bondo. I'll probably go over it with a wire wheel or something to get all of it out, then maybe spray something on to help make it rust faster so it will match.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Scrapped the Sidekick body and a couple other things i've had laying around since winter. Rolled the stubby frame in so I can do some measurements to get ready to cut the MGB body up. Also came across a local Craigslist ad for a tboned 06 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6. It still runs and drives, so would make a great candidate for a swap for my other Sidekick being a 60 degree block. This one has an auto trans, but they were also offered as a manual so I could sell this trans and buy one from a local junkyard. Planning on getting that car tomorrow.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Picked up the caddy earlier. The thing runs great despite what it looks like. The exhaust is already missing and it sounds pretty decent. Once I'm home I'll take it on a quick test drive.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would have hate to have been in the Caddy when it got whacked! That had to hurt!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Change the timing belt while you have the motor out. The 3.6 is Notorious for that every 60k or so
This is chain driven, but I've read that they are also known to go as well. The guy I got it from suggested I do that while it's out. It has 150k on it.