Just bought a 2000 crew cab... help me figure out the best/cheapest way to seat 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
That's the seat you would find in an extended cab. The single seat moves farther forward for access to rear seat.
A crew cab would have solid front bench as an option, not an xtend cab seat.
My old '99 K3500 crew long had the 60/40 split. The '00 K2500 crew shorty I just bought has this same seat. Solid bench isn't the only bench option on a crew. But I have seen plenty of crew cabs that did have the solid bench. Seems to be a fairly even split, from what I've personally seen.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bench seats I've seen on these late gmt400 crew cabs I think have been the work truck trim, in vinyl IIRC.

I helped my brother swap seats from a GMT800 jump seat on his '90 RCSB C1500. He did the layout and I just welded where he told me. The little brackets just need to cut off and new angles welded on.

The GMT800 and 900 jump seat mounts are the same. Actually, the jump seat I swapped in my 800 2500 suburban came from a 900 truck.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the opposite. I hate front bench, split bench or whatever isn't buckets. The 2000 truck had the 60/40, the 99 had the buckets. I took out the split for buckets front the junkyard. They mounts are different for driver side, pass side installs like a bucket, kinda is, but driver side has the inside mounts on top of the trans tunnel. Just need to drill new holes. Want to put new carpet in first. But 2000 truck is a long term project lol.....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
way too easy....after 1 day of searching craigslist i found exactly what I was looking for... $300 I guess that's alright

You must be registered for see images attach
That looks like the one in my '97 CCLB. Only thing I don't like is the lack of cup holders. Other than that, it's a great seat, we sit up high( you hear about chair height seats but these are.).
Yes the split 60/40 is the ex cab, but some crew cabs had them too. Actually I think mine is the one piece but I am not in it so not sure! Bench vs. buckets is the main difference between the CCLB and the Burb since rest of interior is very similar.

Last edited: