Joined the 400K club!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
This is my '97 C1500 with 400,000 miles!! It's been around the block a time or two, to say the least. To start this story, I bought the truck a week after I turned 18(I'm now 28). It had about 293K on the clock when I bought it, and if I knew anything about mileage at the time, I would've never have bought it. But you learn as you get older, right? I've put roughly 110K on it in the last 10 years and have replaced ALOT on this truck.

Major repairs:
Engine rebuilt weeks after I bought it(old one had a rod knock)
Transmission rebuilt twice(first one probably didn't need it, second one because I lost reverse)
Steering gear replaced
Driveshaft replaced after U-joint exploded

Less major:
Drivers' side window regulator
Both inside door handles(multiple times) because they are notorious for breaking
Bilstein shocks all around. Best $300 I've ever spent
Drivers' door pin and bushings. Now it will actually close without me slamming the door
Valve cover seals after they randomly started to leak oil

There's more I could post, but this is a condensed version of my truck. Maybe one day I'll make a post about everything about it. Overall, I'm glad I have this truck because I will never sell it with how much I've been through with it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got miles?

Like my bumpersticker?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good for you my friend. I bought mine 10 years ago in April when I was 18 also. Had 189k on the original motor and I just rolled over to 274k recently. Truck holds many a memories. Some good, many bad. Lol. Biggest repairs were the intake gaskets and oil pump. These are terrific trucks.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought mine when i was 14, December of 2016, believe it had 249k. Supposedly had a rebuilt motor, I sure ruled that out of the book. Been through a lot bought it, it sat until i may 2018. Blew the motor up within a year and it sat for probably a good 2-3 months then me and my girlfriends dad put a motor in it and it’s still kicking. Has A little over 310k on it now. Probably never gonna sell it, too many memories and it’s a 2500 ecsb and you don’t see too many of them plus she’s rust free.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Good for you my friend. I bought mine 10 years ago in April when I was 18 also. Had 189k on the original motor and I just rolled over to 274k recently. Truck holds many a memories. Some good, many bad. Lol. Biggest repairs were the intake gaskets and oil pump. These are terrific trucks.
I love this generation of truck. So much in fact, that I bought a '97 K1500 about a year ago. I'm plan on introducing it the near future.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I bought mine when i was 14, December of 2016, believe it had 249k. Supposedly had a rebuilt motor, I sure ruled that out of the book. Been through a lot bought it, it sat until i may 2018. Blew the motor up within a year and it sat for probably a good 2-3 months then me and my girlfriends dad put a motor in it and it’s still kicking. Has A little over 310k on it now. Probably never gonna sell it, too many memories and it’s a 2500 ecsb and you don’t see too many of them plus she’s rust free.
Same here, I've had this truck for so long, so many memories. And with how many miles and how much I've put into it for repair, I'll never sale it.

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m at 366700 miles but only about 80,000 of them are mine. Original tbi 305 won’t make enough power to hurt itself, so it continues down the road! I wish something would happen to it so I can finally do the lt1 swap. Running too good as is.