"Joe Dirt" 98 GMC 2wd RCSB #autocross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Its bolted and welded all the way around front and back. Wasnt much left of the frame so better to make sure it is strong as hell!

The kit is a React Under Bed Step Notch from Pro Performace! They are an awesome company... stay tuned and I will post more about them and their awesome customer service!

Thank you! It's getting there! Appreciate the comment! Took me almost a year to find a cherry RCSB here in Hawaii! Most are clapped out and covered in rust - and they still ask too much for them!

Bolted and welded, good stuff.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so, here was my next issue... Aldan American Adjustable shocks wouldnt make the right angle to make it to the Belltech shock extender!

You must be registered for see images attach

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I contacted Pro Performance and they never heard of this issue and have installed these shocks on numerous 88-98 C1500s including their own. They contacted Aldan American and they sent me (free of charge) the little T brackets and hardware which solved the issue. I could have made the hole bigger but, there was a legit solution to the issue. Apparently the brackets are for their Firebird kit but, it worked perfect for my towers. Big props to Pro Performace and Aldan American for their awesome customer service!!!!

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then the magic! Aldan front and rear kit... McGaughys 2" drop spindles and a React Underbed Step Notch
Those frame brackets are overkill in a good way man. I remember that thread where everyone was arguing whether the notch weakens the frame or not, I think with this kit that's a solid "not."
I'm not a lowered guy AT ALL and that's nice to look at.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you putting a rear sway bar in?
Yes Sir, I will be eventually.. lots of electrical bugs to work out before I get to thrash it... LOL

Those frame brackets are overkill in a good way man. I remember that thread where everyone was arguing whether the notch weakens the frame or not, I think with this kit that's a solid "not."
I'm not a lowered guy AT ALL and that's nice to look at.

Yeah, the notch/frame argument has been going on since ever since... I say - do it right the first time and you won't have problems. My friend bought a 93 with notches and come to find out they were just bolted in... a week after he had it, the bed was touching the cab. The frame cracked to hell around the notch area. He had to back half the truck. ... sadly, there was a weak attempt to cover it up... Just gotta do things right or don't do it at all!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
nice what brand are you thinking for rear bar? I am going with an Addco myself. what kind of gremlins are you chasing?

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice what brand are you thinking for rear bar? I am going with an Addco myself. what kind of gremlins are you chasing?

For now, I am gonna pull one off a Burb.... I will upgrade later. As for gremlins... my truck is a 98 so was fuel injected... PO put a 5.7 w/ Carb on it.... the stand alone TPS and the 4L60 argue when under load or WOT... normal driving is fine but, if I get in it... she acts weird. A/C isnt working, tires are too tall and need some 17+ due to the drop spindles/wheel offset. etc etc.... there is more like the fuel guage, and dialed in tuning but.... one thing at a time.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
i take it you're getting a stumble under load and wot? what size are your tires? i have been trying to figure out if i am going to stick with 15's or go to 17's