"Joe Dirt" 98 GMC 2wd RCSB #autocross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally made the time to start a thread on my latest build. This is my 98 GMC RCSB. She was originally a 5.0 but the previous owner put a 350 in it... vortec heads, carb etc etc. Needless to say, still working through problems with the swap but, she is drivable. I am pretty far along so, here is how I got her. She looked like a Def Leppard equipment hauler when I get her... hence the name "Joe Dirt"
You must be registered for see images attach

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a slick looking frame notch kit. I would have rosette welded it on vs bolting it on myself.

Thanks! Its bolted and welded all the way around front and back. Wasnt much left of the frame so better to make sure it is strong as hell!

The kit is a React Under Bed Step Notch from Pro Performace! They are an awesome company... stay tuned and I will post more about them and their awesome customer service!

Looks like you're off to a good start. Keep us updated!

Thank you! It's getting there! Appreciate the comment! Took me almost a year to find a cherry RCSB here in Hawaii! Most are clapped out and covered in rust - and they still ask too much for them!

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! It's getting there! Appreciate the comment! Took me almost a year to find a cherry RCSB here in Hawaii! Most are clapped out and covered in rust - and they still ask too much for them!

I feel that. I got lucky with mine coming from a family member and only paid 500 for it. Pretty solid but the trans went out a few months ago. Piecing together an ls swap now.