"Joe Dirt" 98 GMC 2wd RCSB #autocross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Ya so, I have a new crate motor ... LS isnt even on the radar. Just need to work out the bugs and I will be stoked. I know my issue, just need to fix it. I have the B&M TPS and have messed with the adjustment with no luck. If I run my truck in 3 vs overdrive D, it is fine. Gonna switch to the TCI TPS soon and if hopefully the relationship between the TPS and Tranny can be better! LOL

yeah so LS is on my radar only because i am getting a complete 5.3L drop out that runs for extremely cheap. my 350 runs i am just fighting fueling issues that i will hopefully have fixed today with the new injectors and FPR. it's bone stock i just need it to run long enough to get all the parts i need to swap it.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Do you plan on going with rear disk at all? Cunningham Machine has brackets for $145 and the rest of the parts are pretty cheap too i am doing the whole shebang for $268 for everything needed to do it.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you plan on going with rear disk at all? Cunningham Machine has brackets for $145 and the rest of the parts are pretty cheap too i am doing the whole shebang for $268 for everything needed to do it.

Yes, eventually... prob go with the Pro Performance front/rear kit... later tho! got other fish to fry before I get to brakes. Only been working on my truck 4 months and already almost 9Gs into it. Gotta slow down a little and pace myself.

Pro Performance sells the Lil Shop MFG kit pretty cheap... has everything

https://azproperformance.com/collections/88-98-c1500-rear-disc-conversion

I have a complete 5.3 too... just no sense swapping it when my truck has a new 5.7 in it already.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you ... for some reason, that happens with every truck I have. White with black steelies... its my recipe. LOL
[/QUOTE]
I like to say:
If it works, it works. I think it looks tanfastic....and just makes me want to lower mine even more.