Jllanes overland trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jllanes41

Reaction score
M101A2, found one with a metal cage and not wood. It will be an overland trailer when I'm done. So roof top tent, water tote on top of the cage. Still have room for equipment and supplies inside the trailer itself.

First up, remove military wire and wire up 4 way. Also I want a trailer jack as once it is built out I won't be able to lift it for the fixed stand.

This will be the RTT I will buy, it won't take all the rack room, so a 30ish gallon water tote will be mounted up there (weight support pending) that way I can have gravity fed shower and/or sink.

http://tuffstuff4x4.com/products/tu...ooftop-mounted-tent-free-annex-changing-room/

As with my suburban build this is my first time, and I will try to photo everything along with my experience to show ANYONE can build something as long as your willing to try and fail and get dirty!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Jllanes41

Reaction score
First project is to remove all mil wiring and wire up civilian 4 pin and add a trailer jack in place of the flip down piece.

Jllanes41

Reaction score
Military wire out and civilian 4 way in...is it ugly, well yea, but I needed it removable for painting later. After paint I'll have it all wrapped up and sexy looking. But for now I needed it pullable

Jllanes41

Reaction score
More

Jllanes41

Reaction score
I will be bedlining the tub portion and rattle can the frame black to match the burb. I wanna get everything mocked up before hand though. I hate to have to repaint or respray parts that get messed up.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm jealous I have the same trailer and its got the wood supports and they need repaired. But it has hauled a lot of gravel and sand to the house for projects here. Handled just fine with 2,000+ pounds in it did a few trips with twice that I think. My wife and I discussed doing something like this when we got it but haven't done more then fix lights. I got it with 4 wire lights and camo paint.

UPDATE, Wife said spend $165 all metal bows may be here by end of week, Thanks Ebay.

Last edited: