Jet 6 pack performance chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty1714

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum here and have a few questions. I am looking at the JET performance 6 pack chip to install on my 1989 Silverado c1500 with a 350/700r4. Is it worth buying, or should invest money elsewhere?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jet Performance is, for the most part, crap....

X2, theres TBI or fastchip but best way is to have someone tune it in person (if you have alotta mods) cause mail order chips are hard to get right sometimes

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Best thing to do is find a "tuner" that will work with you through a mail order and will ask you to datalog and retune your calibration until its tailored to your particular vehicle.

Jet Performance is what's known as "tune in a can". It works or it doesn't.

Meaning; you buy it and they're done with you.

"Too bad, so sad, we might give you a refund if you can get us on the phone."

Jet isn't a bunch or tuners either. Its a company. They buy up the little guys and remarket them as thier own.

For example: tunercat II used to be available for 70 bucks from the developer and it was a wide open obdII reflasher. As many vehicles or as many vins as you wanted; no restrictions (I'm fortunate to have a copy of tunercat II). Once it got popular, Jet made the developer an offer and he took it (big bucks, i would too). Then Jet remarketed it but locked it down to a vin and frigged up lots of other things in the program. It's now know as the Jet Tuner and it's nearly useless. Oh, it's also mega expensive compared to what tunercatII was.Something around 600-700 bucks IIRC.

Jet Performance, I recommend you stay far far away from them.

Another option because you're OBDI is to learn to tune yourself. it's not hard once you get into it. Check out Moates.net. They have everything you need hardware wise to get stared. Check out tunerpro rt for free tuning software. Then check out gearhead-efi.com for a good web forum on tuning.

Cheers

Last edited: