Jegs proportioning valve concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm deleting the abs on my truck and I bought the jegs adjustable proportioning valve and after I had ordered it I've been reading that they leak and thread sealant fixes the issue. What are your thoughts

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe the units weren't finished completely at the factory and had leftover burrs. I read 2 comments on the jegs website about it as well.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If that's the case I'd buy a different brand, one that doesn't look like they also supply Jegs private label unit.

Richard

Gibson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you delete the ABS and install an adjustable proportioning valve, you open-up a can of worms that may have unintended consequences.
Those adjustable valves were originally intended for passenger vehicles in which the total load carried really didn't change much as a proportion of the total vehicle weight.
When you have a truck, you might go from an empty bed which has little weight on the rear axle, to loading the bed up, or maybe a trailer, and adding 1>2 thousand pounds on the rear axle.
The valve doesn't know or care,, you can have rear brakes that won't operate properly depending upon the load unless you are careful to adjust the valve for various loads.
A properly functioning ABS unit is not a bad thing.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Great point...

I wonder if one could successfully integrate a load-sensing proportioning valve from a 3500HD? It's an adjustable pv, operated by a rod attached to the rear axle.

Richard

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I thought the ABS delete still ran through the combination valve? Doesn't the combination valve have the pressure proportioning valve to the rear in it so you don't have to add one?

I thought the combi-valve had it all, the front metering, the dummy light switch and piston to isolate front from rear if one side fails, and the pressure proportion to the rear.