JBA or any Long Tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motorsports-X

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a GOOD set of 1.75 headers that fit. Shops are saying 2200 minimum for 304, 3000 for 321... Anyone know if there is a 1.750" set from JBA or someone that will fit? Or maybe even 1.875 since it does use some nitrous.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I would guess ones built for TBI 87 - 95 will only have 1 bung on the driver's side, while Vortec 96 - 98 will have both.
Negative on that. I ordered the 96-98 one and it only had one bung. The reviews mention it too. Still a good set to go with and I don't regret it.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I wonder if the ones On summit are different. According to summit the JBAs do habe an 02 bung... hmmm
I ordered them from summit. See post above. It is odd that it doesn't, but still worth it

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much of gain? Is actually seat butt measurable, or only slightly seen on a dyno.

RmeSGT

Reaction score
I have a set of the JBA shorty headers on my 1993 K1500. Super high quality IMO with nice thick steel on both flanges. Exit point was a little bit off to connect to stock “Y” pipe so I bought the JBA “Y” pipe from either Summit or Jews (can’t remember which?).

Very nice “Y” pipe that flows great (in place of the factory which is more like a “T” pipe LOL) and everything ends up exactly where it should both at collectors and the cat.

I would highly recommend using this set up, although long tubes ARE typically a higher HP gain.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have three sets of JBA shorty's one my 91 K1500 and my 90 454SS. On my 91 I used the stock y-pipe and my 454ss I used the JBA y-pipe. Both sets work really well with no leaks. There was a noticeable increase in power from both trucks. I have another unused 97model, 454 set in a box I bought for a truck that ended up getting stolen. Although I do think they are a bit over priced I am happy with how well they work.

Shawtbed96

Reaction score
I have three sets of JBA shorty's one my 91 K1500 and my 90 454SS. On my 91 I used the stock y-pipe and my 454ss I used the JBA y-pipe. Both sets work really well with no leaks. There was a noticeable increase in power from both trucks. I have another unused 97model, 454 set in a box I bought for a truck that ended up getting stolen. Although I do think they are a bit over priced I am happy with how well they work.
Would you sell the extra set?

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
resurrecting an old thread here... you said you used the jba y pipe on your 91 454ss. From 91 forward, they came with true dual exhaust systems from the factory. I'm wondering if your truck had been changed back to single exhaust, or if the duals were modified to use the y pipe?
Just curious because I've been looking at jba parts.