JBA or any Long Tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does any one have any experience with JBA long tube headers? I want to change out my Gibson shorts.

Id like to put them on with as little modifications as possible. Im limited to my options bc I want SS ceramic coated.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I mainly look for flange thickness first and foremost then compare options and prices after that is narrowed down. Less chance of leaks down the road with a thick flange

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did. Jba is at the top of the list. Im not too concerned w price. I plan on keeping the truck and Iv never been one to cut corners.

TexasAggie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What advantage does the long tube provide over the shortys? I’m researching options for my ‘99 and haven’t decided which route to go yet.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What advantage does the long tube provide over the shortys? I’m researching options for my ‘99 and haven’t decided which route to go yet.

Power and torque gains. Long tubes win vs shortys every time. More work to integrate them with the rest of the factory exhaust system though.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Does any one have any experience with JBA long tube headers? I want to change out my Gibson shorts.

Id like to put them on with as little modifications as possible. Im limited to my options bc I want SS ceramic coated.
I have the JBA stainless uncoated long tubes on my 98. The only thing to note is it doesn't have an O2 sensor bung on the passenger side. You'll need to weld one in. And there isn't much clearance for the sensor on the drivers side, it'll fit but you'll have to finangle with it to get it in.

Fit wise they're perfect. Mines a 4x4 and it clears the driveshaft great. They slide right in easier than the stock manifolds, and I personally think it's easier to access the spark plugs with them. Some on the header bolts are hard to access but you can get most of them with an extension and ujoint.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if the ones On summit are different. According to summit the JBAs do habe an 02 bung... hmmm