Jb5 to jb7 front brake upgrade, part numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan cin

Reaction score
I’m looking to upgrade my front brakes to 2500/3500 calipers and get rid of the whole quick take up system. From what I understand, I’d need conventional calipers and a single bore MC. Does anyone have part numbers for the calipers and MC id need? Thanks.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Guess: You need master cylinder, calipers 'n' pads, rotors, hubs and maybe the entire steering knuckles.

Wouldn't surprise me to discover you'd need a bigger power booster, too. I suggest hydroboost.

You don't need part numbers so much as you need a JB/JD7 donor vehicle. When you find one, write down the year, model, and VIN number so you can order replacement parts to suit the brake system you take from it.

Remember that the REAR brakes are going to be different between JB5 and JB/JD7. Consider upgrading the rear brakes, too. The REAR brakes are a bigger problem than the fronts on the JB3/JB5 vehicles. When it was me, I upgraded the rear brakes first. (My truck had JB3 brakes, now I have the equivalent of JB6. I'm completely satisfied.)

God bless the Treasure Yard.

Last edited: