It was meant to be.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arpowers

Reaction score
Ok so last year I purchased a 1993 K1500 dubbed Barbra jr and it turned into a can of worms. I quickly sold it for $1500. However, that lesson was meant to be as further education is never free.

Meet Dale.
You must be registered for see images attach

A 1990 K1500 that I’m calling a 1 owner. I’m technically the third owner but the second owner didn’t own it very long.
Just look what I found inside the glove box. I geeked out hard when I saw all of this. It tugs at my heartstrings as I was born in 1990 and I’m also a December baby so I’m gonna call this meant to be and I won’t be selling this anytime soon. Built 12/89.

Yes that’s the original window sticker, the original owners manual, warranty info, maintenance manual and salesman cards. Also is a cassette tape of features that looks brand new.

I was deeply disappointed in my last truck but this one will be my keeper. Needs transmission work and some minor stuff but I cannot believe how clean it is for being 33 years old. Anyone knowing or able to rebuild 700r4 hit me up!

Arpowers

Reaction score
That's awesome! Believe it or not mines a 94 c1500 that i got in 93. I still have all of that in my glove compartment. Except mine did not come with a cassette. It also didn't come with a cassette player, so maybe that's why. Great find! Its always nice to see the old stuff.
It was really cool to find. I actually contacted the dealer that sold it new just to tell them the story and see if they had any info on it. Obviously 33 years ago they didn’t have the computer systems like they do now so info was scarce. But my next step is to find an old buds Chevrolet key chain!

m1970

Reaction score
It was really cool to find. I actually contacted the dealer that sold it new just to tell them the story and see if they had any info on it. Obviously 33 years ago they didn’t have the computer systems like they do now so info was scarce. But my next step is to find an old buds Chevrolet key chain!
I still have the keychain the dealership gave me. My set of spare keys are on it.

TreeGeared

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I see you are in Ohio. Not sure where in Ohio you are but I had Cyclone Transmission in Akron/Canton are build a 4L60E for me. Turned out nice and the price was reasonable. They specialize in RWD transmissions.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
My '94 was a one owner and I have the window sticker that shows the dealership delivered to (Shottenkirk Chevy/GMC Fort Madison, IA) , an old school Shottenkirk dealership rubber key fob, and the Shottenkirk dealership tailgate badge. It's nice to have all that history attached to our trucks. It makes it that much more personal.

Arpowers

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I see you are in Ohio. Not sure where in Ohio you are but I had Cyclone Transmission in Akron/Canton are build a 4L60E for me. Turned out nice and the price was reasonable. They specialize in RWD transmissions.
Clear on the other side of the state unfortunately. However I found the trans cooler lines patched with rubber hose and leaking bad. Gonna replace those, the filter and dump some Lucas trans stop slip and see what happens.

Arpowers

Reaction score
My '94 was a one owner and I have the window sticker that shows the dealership delivered to (Shottenkirk Chevy/GMC Fort Madison, IA) , an old school Shottenkirk dealership rubber key fob, and the Shottenkirk dealership tailgate badge. It's nice to have all that history attached to our trucks. It makes it that much more personal.
Got a friend who’s got a friend that works at the dealership and they’re gonna see if they can snag me a key chain and plate frame! Here’s hoping they’ll part with them. I contacted the dealer just to see if they had any records which was a long shot but they were really nice and loved the story. Said if I needed anything to contact them. The history really is neat.