IT NEVER ENDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greased the slip yoke last weekend ever since it sounds like I have a electric leaf blower under my truck checked that everything line up and its all good. So last night I jack up the front thinking mybe wheelbearing. And low and behold I can move both front wheels horizontal about 1 inch back and forth, but no movement top to bottom and the pass side brake feels like it is draging. Could the Play be causing the brake to grab???? I havent had to mess with the steering in a long time any sugg are helpfull. Thanks

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let's see horizontal movement I believe means tie rods. Vertical is balljoints and diagonal movement is hub bearings, which I would recommend doing all of these @ once. You say you haven't done steering stuff in forever? That's not good. Check the balljoints too and make sure one of your wheel/tires isn't about to seperate going down the road....Again I say do it all at once.

I know it will never stop. Mine is the same way. Alot of times, I just fix something so another part of it can break. Like my A/C aint been running in 5 years. So I finally get i going and the compressor eats ****. Alot of times it's just multiple things that I have to prioritize. Get used to it.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YA I know joys of having a older truck HAHA still cheaper than a new car payment. So I reach up under the truck grab the tie rods no play back and fourth but I can rotate both about a quarter turn Looks like this weekend project:pepper: Ill try and take pics for anyone that wants a rundown on replacing tie rods.

Z71Edge

Reaction score
I would pop your front wheels off and check out the hub assemblies anyway, even if you think its your tierods. Could be either or, could be both. Just double check them out, that way you don't go driving down the road and all the sudden loose a wheel because your bearings were toast...that would suck, bigtime

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya it would suck big time, I did double Check Last Night it's only the upper Control arms but I am replacing both. And adding everything else in the steering to the list.