It finally passed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just embrace the suck of the 5.0L, and enjoy the truck. The 5.7 isn't much better. I put a Magnaflow on my 5.7L - does nothing for performance, but I enjoy the sound compared to stock, and no drone.
Honestly I do like the the sound of the small block. It just sounds old school and for this truck to be my first v8, I’d say this is a no brainer.

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Magnaflow muffler,you won't be disappointed.When I bought my burb 15 years ago it had an original muffler on it,that thing was huge so I had a Flowmaster put on,it was loud!!Eventually got tired of the sound so I had a Magnaflow installed....much better sound and a little less noise.Wish I could get duals all the way out the back but living here in Commiefornia it can't be done(well at least legally lol).Love the sound of duals behind a big block.
I was thinking of going flowmaster but for the sake of not getting pulled over I’m going magnaflow.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You gotta get him to sit, idling for fifteen minutes before you race. What way it wipes out all his cam lobes and you win!
Never had a cam lobe lifter issue with my 2006 Hemi. It idled alot too and I had the limiter at 6,800.

I have wiped several lobes on a roller cam SBC though.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's one off a later 5.7L Hemi :rolleyes:
You must be registered for see images attach
Seen that happen. Had a friend that had a high mileage truck that would only misfire at WOT. It cruised along just fine. Give it the beans, the SES light would flash and throw a misfire code. Cam looked about like that when we pulled it out.

greenz97

Reaction score
Seen that happen. Had a friend that had a high mileage truck that would only misfire at WOT. It cruised along just fine. Give it the beans, the SES light would flash and throw a misfire code. Cam looked about like that when we pulled it out.
uh oh thats what my truck is doing

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So in 2021, I go this 96 extended cab Chevy. Wouldn’t pass smog, had issues with the battery, turn signals, brakes lights and emergency lights wouldn’t work. Today I took it to a smog station and finally the truck has passed smog and will officially drive on the streets legally :D

Now next I have to change the break pads, replaced the headlights and hopefully soon replaced the drum brakes. The truck is a long way from where I want it but right now I’m just happy the truck passed. QwQ
Man do we have it easy out here in Illinois, I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that would pass any sort of inspection, especially my Burb with no cats.