Is z56 an urban legend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those z56 tahoes are cool as hell

in 2000 chevy made the Tahoe Limited, it was a z56 with a "ground effects" body package.. It was the Tahoe SS they never made. You could only get them in Onyx black with gray leather interiors. I passed on a nice one early last year that needed an engine, and I had zero play money.

Pic stolen from wikipedia

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice seen a few in my area

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
16's on 5x5. 8" wide. Factory.
Ultra rare wheel!

...and this. 130 mph. ('Certified'!)

They sat lower than the others, too.
No idea on how they went about that.
H/O alternator. Upgraded brakes.
IIRC, but don't hold me to this, but seems to me that they also had dual batteries, the bigger C2500/3500 Fr/Rr sway bars & 3.73's (?) in a 10b. with a G80.
It's been a while since these were brought up. #memorybad.

Where's Dave? 88GMCtruck. He'd know.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
16's on 5x5. 8" wide. Factory.
Ultra rare wheel!

...and this. 130 mph. ('Certified'!)

They sat lower than the others, too.
No idea on how they went about that.
H/O alternator. Upgraded brakes.
IIRC, but don't hold me to this, but seems to me that they also had dual batteries, the bigger C2500/3500 Fr/Rr sway bars & 3.73's (?) in a 10b. with a G80.
It's been a while since these were brought up. #memorybad.

Where's Dave? 88GMCtruck. He'd know.

I don’t need a certified 130 mph cluster to go that fast, says I am certified drive on that plastic card the police ask for when I’m stopped for doing 130mph.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The off road shop that has the Monster Burb, has a Tahoe Limited behind their fence that I saw today, too dark to get a picture but I have to go back by there Saturday so I'll try to get some. It's beautiful, looks very clean, has the original wheels, and it's not black. Pewter,as a matter of fact!
Too bad I can't breed it with my Burb,get lotsa nice parts...

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I could find the center For the Z56 to put on my rims maybe repaint them too. When I was talking about the Tahoe limited ones I mean the alloy ones those look snazzy. But I guess the steelies look good too on those kind of trucks

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest if I could own another vehicle which I wouldn't because of budgeting and the idea of owning another car more responsibility. I know I'm acting like an adult in the blandest way possible yet. I know the suck part of living in the city lack of parking. Trouble is I might become a car hoader if I live in the middle of nowhere having a rusted out junkyard say yep I will restore it someday. But I do wish I could have a Z56 Tahoe so I could put my indoor conversation piece on top of the roof for shows only of course.

Last edited:

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got to say the WT style grill on the Tahoe looks pretty cool to be honest little different from the usual composite headlights split grill