Is z56 an urban legend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard about Z56 with Tahoe... Is it an urban legend with the GMT 400 platform (talking about other models) ? Also wondering if they made suburbans with the Z56. Considering Z56 would be like a guess 9C1.Wondering if they could make Z56 pick up

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
The Z56 isn't an urban legend to me at least, we had several running around in the 90s in WI. Now a Z56 pickup might be an urban legend, what I can tell from photos of them its a base model with power windows and a center console-less bucket front seats.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Z56 is the police package, so it "should" only have been on the Tahoe. But I haven't seen enough W/T Burbs that were municipal fleet models, to know how they were set up. I'd figure a lot of larger fire departments used them for the battalion chief's rig, like Houston, Texas FD does. Although the Burbs they have used are newer series. Might've used 400s back in the day, but my memory is a little fuzzy on that.... anyone got any pictures?

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Z56= Police chassis. 9C1 is the Police package(for all other options), PPV is also an RPO for Police variants(police pursuit vehicle)

There are other options too 5W7 is municipal, most of which have O1U paint codes which is the special override colors which We can not give out the paint codes for.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those z56 tahoes are cool as hell

in 2000 chevy made the Tahoe Limited, it was a z56 with a "ground effects" body package.. It was the Tahoe SS they never made. You could only get them in Onyx black with gray leather interiors. I passed on a nice one early last year that needed an engine, and I had zero play money.

Pic stolen from wikipedia

You must be registered for see images attach

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
those z56 tahoes are cool as hell

in 2000 chevy made the Tahoe Limited, it was a z56 with a "ground effects" body package.. It was the Tahoe SS they never made. You could only get them in Onyx black with gray leather interiors. I passed on a nice one early last year that needed an engine, and I had zero play money.

Pic stolen from wikipedia

I think they had the Z71 interior's that I adore. Ground effects do look nice, but I'd like to have a step on it like this

Stolen directly from DuckDuckGo.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they had the Z71 interior's that I adore. Ground effects do look nice, but I'd like to have a step on it like this

Stolen directly from DuckDuckGo.
That step is nice cause it gives it a lower look without actually lowering it.