Is there anywhere to find a new ebcm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty_Lewis

Reaction score
My 98 Suburban has had some brake issues since I bought it. Spent some hours trying to fix it and diagnosed a bad ebcm. Took it into my mechanic buddy and without telling him what I thought, he found the same problem. He says that they are impossible to find a replacement, and even most junkyard finds have the same problem. So, YouTube university taught me how to solder some connections and just like that, my problems are gone. However, my brake light is on in the dash. I'm one of those guys that is severely bothered by trouble lights and its driving me nuts! Anyone know where you can get a remanned ebcm? Or even better a new aftermarket part? Any help would be appreciated.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're referring to the Kelsey Hayes ABS control module, then I'm pretty sure salvage yard parts are your only option for replacements. No one I'm aware of is selling new or reman units. Unfortunately I think it's either find a working unit in a salvage yard or delete the ABS.

I don't know if "most" junkyard units having problems is necessarily accurate, the ABS modules still work great in both of my '97s. If you're sure that's what your problem is then I would try a salvage yard unit if you're not interested in deleting the ABS.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a failed wheel sensor on the left front. In-the-process of replacing it (stalled on getting the four hub bolts out--3/4" impact wrench won't turn 'em. Tomorrow they face The Torch.)

Because the sensor has been failed for years (before I bought the truck almost 3 years ago) the ABS has never worked.

Last week, I plugged a new sensor into the wire harness, and cleared the trouble code. That allowed the scan tool to run the automated bleeding procedure--which runs the electric motor and the various solenoids. APPARENTLY, my K-H EBC310 works.

I collected a spare from the Treasure Yard as a backup. But as yet, it's untested.

I don't know of any "rebuilt" EBC310 ABS units. The Treasure Yard is the only source. Seems to me that there's a Youtube video for repairing the "easy" problems with them as a "DIY" project, but it's been months since I've viewed it, and I can't find it now.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the first post again, are you sure the dash light is for the ABS? Is it the (orange) ABS light, or the (red) "Brake" light? The "Brake" light is for the park brake and the Safety Switch, and maybe also for the ABS. Be a shame to search all over creation for a new ABS unit, only to discover that the park brake cables are sticky.