Is there anyway to add speakers to the rear doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
I took the rear door panels off my '98 Chevy (Silverado package Crew cab) truck and noticed there aren't any speakers. I know there are 4x6s on rear c-pillar and I've replaced those already (pain in the A** by the way), but I wanna add speakers in the rear doors. Is there anyway to add speakers there? What size if so? Thanks in advance!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought 88GMCtruck took his panels off and found that the wiring was already there inside the door shells for the speakers?

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
I thought 88GMCtruck took his panels off and found that the wiring was already there inside the door shells for the speakers?
I literally JUST found that thread and spent 20 minutes finding it. I'm not sure if they do or not in my truck, but I'll find out!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wiring may be there but room for a speaker is not, unless you put it at the rear corner where it faces the side of the seat bottom when the door is closed. The front corner has the window motor and regulator in the way.

Some Suburbans were optioned with rear door speakers; on 92-94 models this was accomplished with pods that screwed into the door panel to space them away from the door. A 5.5" round speaker was used but most 6.5's can be made to fit if they aren't too deep. Not sure what the 95-up version looked like since the panels changed.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some Suburbans were optioned with rear door speakers; on 92-94 models this was accomplished with pods that screwed into the door panel to space them away from the door. A 5.5" round speaker was used but most 6.5's can be made to fit if they aren't too deep. Not sure what the 95-up version looked like since the panels changed.

'95+ Suburbans got 6.5"s in the rear doors near the front bottom corner. Surface mounted into the panel with little rubber expanding fasteners. (Bad pic, biggest I could find on Google)

You must be registered for see images attach