Is their a way to get Transmission Temps from a OBD2 port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JavaMan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I purchased the DashCommand GM addon for 1996, and it works. I have working gauges for trans fluid temp, current gear, and a number of other GM specific readings. Kinda sucks that I paid for the Torque app years ago and it's not fully usable for my current vehicle. It was only $10 for the DashCommand addon, its specific for each year of vehicle. That's still much less than buying a physical gauge and installing it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe I used method 1 to be able to read the trans temps. If one has many gauges added already, the trans temps may be slow to respond, which may make one believe it didn't work. Safest bet is to have a clean app, and add all three methods to the first page. Keep whichever one works.

I've included a pics below. (Ignore temps, they are super high but it was a 100+ degree day and I had been stuck in traffic in a crowded parking garage just before the picture, felt like an oven)

You must be registered for see images attach

nwsisu

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I couldn't get the trans temp to work on Torque Pro on my 1997 Silverado C2500 4L80E.
I purchased Dashcommand Pro, and would like to try the GM pids. But it says that the package doesn't have pids for my selected vehicle.
I don't want to waste $10 just to find out it doesn't work.
Could it be that it works despite the claim that it doesn't?