Is it possible to rewrap a stock steering wheel with leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curious about the idea of rewrapping my steering wheel. Since I love the way the stock steering wheel looks on the 88 to 94 trucks.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, certainly is. I plan on getting mine re-wrapped. I had contacted Craft Customs to inquire the price. They stated, "The cost to reupholster your 1999 Chevy steering wheel to new leather specifications with Baseball stitching is $299 plus shipping. We use only Top of the Line Imported Automotive Leather that exceeds industry standards. Simply send in your steering wheel and we'll take care of the rest. Turnaround is about 3 weeks."

They have photos on their website.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Very cool... I might have to find myself a spare wheel to send them lol

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curious about the idea of rewrapping my steering wheel. Since I love the way the stock steering wheel looks on the 88 to 94 trucks.
There's this company called Wolfskin-they make leather wraps-you put it over the old one. Mind you it's possibly cheaper to get second hand steering wheel-and if not cheaper then close.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't seem to find that Wolfskin company anymore-maybe they changed the name or something-the link above is pretty much the same idea tho.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score