IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that's awesome, Thats a lot of work in a short amount of time.

You did an excellent Job, Looks Factory

How about that burnout video?
Has anyone put a 5th or 6th gen camaro rear subframe in a gmt400? I’ve been debating trying it as it’s a cheaper way to get good handeling, disk brakes, a strong rear end, limited slip, etc… and it’s just unique
Was thinking the same thing. Was just mulling it over less than a year ago.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that's awesome, Thats a lot of work in a short amount of time.

You did an excellent Job, Looks Factory

How about that burnout video?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Here’s a short little peel I did just testing it out, I will try to get a better video soon.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some help deciding on exhaust setup for the irs truck. I plan on going either dual 2.5” or dual 3”, equal length, x-pipe, and dual SpinTech 6000 mufflers. But I can’t decide if I want quad tips centered like the corvettes or dual tips on each side like the newer camaros. I have also debated dual tips out the fender, right in front of the rear tire. Any input on which one I should go with?
Also I still plan on getting a burnout vid but work and school are taking all my time so haven’t been able to do much joy riding.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I need some help deciding on exhaust setup for the irs truck. I plan on going either dual 2.5” or dual 3”, equal length, x-pipe, and dual SpinTech 6000 mufflers. But I can’t decide if I want quad tips centered like the corvettes or dual tips on each side like the newer camaros. I have also debated dual tips out the fender, right in front of the rear tire. Any input on which one I should go with?
Also I still plan on getting a burnout vid but work and school are taking all my time so haven’t been able to do much joy riding.
If you don't tow with it, the Corvette style quad or even just dual tips in the middle would look cool.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If I tried towing with this thing my diff would be scraping the ground lol.
That's kinda the answer I expected LoL! In that case I would say your ground clearance is going to dictate the exhaust position to some degree.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's kinda the answer I expected LoL! In that case I would say your ground clearance is going to dictate the exhaust position to some degree.
Yes In order to run the exhaust out the back it has to be ran under the subframe which further reduces my ground clearance but I think I can still make it work. The Camaros that the subframe came off of have the exhaust ran under the subframe so there is two tunnels through the bottom for clearance.