Introducing myself...and BabyGirl...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1997 C1500 SHORT WIDE SINGLE CAB BLACK ON TAN...
5.7 AUTO WITH AN OLD WORTHLESS POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER...
4/6 NOTCHED DROP ON 17’S...

I just wanna say sorry in advance because I’m sure I’m gonna ask questions, or
thoughts, advice, opinions, what’s best, etc...on things that have been covered
numerous times in the past...it’s just that there is a lot of information to sort through
and navigate on here!!! Lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1997 C1500 SHORT WIDE SINGLE CAB BLACK ON TAN...
5.7 AUTO WITH AN OLD WORTHLESS POWERDYNE SUPERCHARGER...
4/6 NOTCHED DROP ON 17’S...

I just wanna say sorry in advance because I’m sure I’m gonna ask questions, or
thoughts, advice, opinions, what’s best, etc...on things that have been covered
numerous times in the past...it’s just that there is a lot of information to sort through
and navigate on here!!! Lol
S'matter with the Powerdyne.. lemme guess, broken internal belt?

The guys that own that basic design now are known as Torqstorm and they've re-engineered the whole thing apparently and it seems to be way, way better now. Doubt any of your old parts are re-usable but if you're already setup and tuned for boost, might be something to look into for getting back into making some power.

Richard

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
S'matter with the Powerdyne.. lemme guess, broken internal belt?

The guys that own that basic design now are known as Torqstorm and they've re-engineered the whole thing apparently and it seems to be way, way better now. Doubt any of your old parts are re-usable but if you're already setup and tuned for boost, might be something to look into for getting back into making some power.

Richard
Well I bought this truck in ‘07 from a fella whose son owned it, and it his son had done, or had all the work done on it basically just as it sits right now...the son had gotten thrown off on dope OD, and didn’t make it...basically the Dad didn’t know much more about the truck than what you can see by looking at it... I really didn’t have the time or the money to put into back then and I ended up selling it to a buddy in 2010, he sold it to a guy a year later in ‘11 cause he had a new baby on the way... Less than a year later that guy ended up going to the pen for 5 1/2 years, and the truck sat the whole time...when he got out he needed money so he sold it back to my buddy, and I bought it back from my buddy about 2 1/2 years ago... My buddy did have a shop put a rebuild kit...bearings etc in the POWERDYNE a few months before I bought it back but it just doesn’t seem to do much performance wise other than it whistles a tiny bit which it drown out by the roar it has going on from the “new” bearings... From most of the research and reviews I’ve found on or about them...even back in the day, peeps weren’t very impressed by them... I myself don’t know much about superchargers, turbo’s, etc... I’m a dirt trackin guy...methanol and big 4 barrels! Lol