Intermittent misfire and trouble codes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too the guys in the shop poked fun at me but it happens to the best of us. Just glad it wasn’t worse. I am still going to purchase the reader and dash command this weekend for future references.

poloz28

Reaction score
so was your retard reading off and thats how they determined that it was off a few teeth? i ask this beacuse i think it is my problem also. i am reading 7 degrees at 1000 rpm...

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting it? Unless you’re out of room to rotate the distributor (that is, it hits the upper intake), I would think that you could get it to zero fairly easily. It wouldn’t be much of a twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so was your retard reading off and thats how they determined that it was off a few teeth? i ask this beacuse i think it is my problem also. i am reading 7 degrees at 1000 rpm...
Yes and no. It was off but while trying to rotate the cap it bottomed out so the deduced it was off a tooth. I can’t recall exactly how off it was but for your case like mentioned I’d try rotating the cap some more. If you reach max adjustment and it’s still off then I’d bet it’s off a tooth.