Interior trim screws/bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to replace the interior trim screws - for my tailgate trim panel, door sills, door panel armrests and inner door panels. Is there a decent source that identifies the part number for each, or a description of each? Thanks in advance for your help...apologies if this is already listed and I've glossed over it.

So I don't know if anybody mentioned tjis place. I have used them, ordered from them, good prices, and used them for researching part numbers or types of oe hardware. It's often very difficult to specific large bolts or locking flange nuts. Www.clipsandfasteners.com They carry alot of hardware the factory no longer supports. A big OEM hardware producer is "Auveco" . Thats clipsand fasteners supplier i believe. And you can download pdf catalogs. Good luck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you have ones to match, Lowe's and Home Depot have some automotive fasteners in their hardware assortment, usually in the drawers. Me personally, I would use stainless steel ones if you can get them. Most hardware stores have stainless fasteners in their hardware/ nuts and bolts. For stuff that's outside or gets wet or muddy ( like the door sill trim), stainless is best. They're a little more expensive, but well worth it when they don't rust!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If you have ones to match, Lowe's and Home Depot have some automotive fasteners in their hardware assortment, usually in the drawers. Me personally, I would use stainless steel ones if you can get them. Most hardware stores have stainless fasteners in their hardware/ nuts and bolts. For stuff that's outside or gets wet or muddy ( like the door sill trim), stainless is best. They're a little more expensive, but well worth it when they don't rust!

I used stainless in my tailgate protector..... the stupid things back out though, just like the OEM screws. I guess I should try some Loctite. I need to pick a couple up for my tail lights. I noticed the other day that one screw is missing. I think that happened when I installed the new lights. I think I had one original screw (or maybe it was a replacement) that was unusable.

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
I used stainless in my tailgate protector..... the stupid things back out though, just like the OEM screws. I guess I should try some Loctite. I need to pick a couple up for my tail lights. I noticed the other day that one screw is missing. I think that happened when I installed the new lights. I think I had one original screw (or maybe it was a replacement) that was unusable.
I use stainless when I can. Yes, stainless steel can corrode. It just has more nickle in the metal mixture. A wind of teflon tape helps retaining them. Not a Loctite fan around plastics.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I use stainless when I can. Yes, stainless steel can corrode. It just has more nickle in the metal mixture. A wind of teflon tape helps retaining them. Not a Loctite fan around plastics.

I hadn't thoght of the loctite reacting with the plastic.... I have had that happen on a vacuum cleaner, where I tried using a thread locker. The plastic broke under the pressure from the screw by the next morning. Thanks for bringing that up.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I don't know if anybody mentioned tjis place. I have used them, ordered from them, good prices, and used them for researching part numbers or types of oe hardware. It's often very difficult to specific large bolts or locking flange nuts. Www.clipsandfasteners.com They carry alot of hardware the factory no longer supports. A big OEM hardware producer is "Auveco" . Thats clipsand fasteners supplier i believe. And you can download pdf catalogs. Good luck.
Awesome link-thanks for it.