interior resto thread (89 sierra SL ECLB)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
You are doing a really good job on that truck. Good to see someone having all success with a project!

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So its been a while since i updated the thread. life has a way of getting all your time. between work, VBS, my second job, etc, i havent had a lot of free time.

a while ago i finished putting all the sound deadening, foil backed jute, and interior in. i still have my seat upholstery to install (its in thr truck, just not on the seats), my new dash parts to put in, and my overhead to wire. also need to add my intermittant wipers and cruise yet. and find a blamk for the overhead.

but heres how she sits inside at the moment.
You must be registered for see images attach

i reupholtered the overhead as well. just used some leftover headliner material and adhesive, changed it from blue to burgundy.

drove it for a while like this. got the AC fixed, so it blows nice and cold. the interior has come out better than i expected. its very quiet, with great acoustics, comfortable, kid proof, and appears very nice. the tinted windows make a huge difference in interior comfort, as well as the cupholders.

i love it. all i need is a weekend to finish it all up, but its not looking good anytime soon.

had a brake hose go bad, and wound up replacing all the rubber lines, calipers, pads, and rotors. stops the best iot has in 7 years.

i deleted the pinstripe one day on my luinchbreak using wone of those eraser wheels.

on the exterior, the peeling clearcoat had to be taken care of, as there was surface rust bedinning to form. i first tried rattle cans. after about 3 hours worth of wetsanding and buffing, i had one side of the hood looking ok from 20 feet. so i paid the man to have it shot in epoxy primer, and then base clear. heres the night i picked it up from the body shop.

this weekend i needed some time for me. my day job has been VERY stressful lately, and i havent really had a day off since the end of febuary (other than one weekend. i work two jobs, and its busy at both) so i took some time to work on MY stuff, instead of everybiody elses. i finally dropped it. used DJM 3 inch coils for a RCSB in the front, and shackles/hangars in the rear. did new shocks while i was at it, as all mine were shot. doing the hangars with the bed on was a mistake. i should NOT have let my best friend convince me it would be easier. take the bed off. whatever you do, take the bed off. i started on saturday morning, and drove it home this evening. i took my time, had an air line in my shop wall break, ran out of grinding wheels, etc. took me three days to do it, but i was also working on my brothers 2001 trans am at the same time (plugs, oil pan gasket, brakes, etc)

heres how it looks with the chrome center caps on, the burgundy buffed, and dropped. still have to get my bedliner and toolbox back in, but i havent had the time or daylight to.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
out of curiosity, your putting all this work into it...and it looks amazing. i'm glad to see another one get attn. Are you planning on changing the front end on it? Lost the W/T for the Composite or newer grill kit?

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i do a grille swap, itll be for a newer WT grille. like the 94 up style. i like those. just gotta find a cheap one.

and im hlad to see others learning. thats the whole reason i share these things. that, and i love getting praise from people i have neve, and probably will never, meet. (i dont get any at work, so i have to get it somewhere.....)

Michael

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i buy t from a local paint and autobody supply shop. you should be able to get it online too. just look for SEM dye.