Interior plastic repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Actually your install looks innovative. Only suggestion would be to have used black hex head bolts instead of slotted screws for a slightly better cosmetic upgrade and possibly nylock nuts on the back to guarantee it will never come loose. Excellent idea, though.

Went ahead and replaced with lock nuts and black pan head hex socket screws, looks a lot better and no worries about nuts getting loose

You must be registered for see images attach

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say a nitrogen plastic welder is your best option.

I’m lucky, my wife works as a trainer for insurance adjusters & they have one at her work.

Getting my lock pillar and D pillar on my 2 door welded next week.

Poly Vance is the machine they have.

I have had one for a few years, not always the best choice in tight areas. Easy to have the heat affect the outside when blowing hot nitrogen in a corner, Aluminum tape on the outside will help as a heatsink. I would choose a quality adhesive over welding in this application

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had one for a few years, not always the best choice in tight areas. Easy to have the heat affect the outside when blowing hot nitrogen in a corner, Aluminum tape on the outside will help as a heatsink. I would choose a quality adhesive over welding in this application
I wouldn’t consider fixing the bezel while it’s on the dash.

However, your point is well taken.